Jolie-Laide is a one-man operation based in a Sebastopol winery. The name Jolie-Laide translates loosely to “Pretty-Ugly”, a French term of endearment to describe something that is unconventionally beautiful. We believe Scott Schultz to be one of the most exciting and talented winemakers in California. His winemaking method is simple; whole cluster, foot crushed, aged in neutral oak and the outcome is magnificent. Scott works with a handful of growers many of which farm organically; it is in his ability to seek out spectacular vineyard sites which allow him to be hands off in the winemaking process. While Scott makes very little wine, we feel so grateful to share a piece of the Jolie-Laide.
Wines distributed in Colorado:
- Valdiguie Rosé, Mendocino, CA
- Pinot Gris, Rorick Heritage Vineyard, Calveros County, CA
- Trousseau Gris, Fanucchi-Wood Road Vineyard, Russian River Valley, CA
- Gamay, Barsotti Vineyard, El Dorado, CA
- Grenache, Provisor Vineyard, Dry-Creek Valley, CA
- Syrah, Halcon Vineyard, Yorkville Highlands, Mendocino,